Wednesday 7 August 2019

SCRIPTURE SWORDS FOR PERSONAL BATTLES

SCRIPTURE SWORDS FOR PERSONAL BATTLES


If neglected, the battlefields listed below may give way to enemy strongholds (see Ephesians 4:26-27 and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5). When tempted in these areas quote these scriptures to gain victory.

Each sword will force the enemy to make a speedy retreat.

ANGER: “Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath. Neither give place to the devil.” Ephesians 4:26-27.

ANXIETY: “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33-34.

BITTERNESS: “Love your enemies... pray for them which despitefully use you.” Luke 6:27-28.

BURN-OUT: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” Matt11:28-30

COMPLAINING: “Do all things without murmuring and disputing, that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.” Philippians 2:14-15.

CONFUSION: “Shew me thy ways, O Lord, teach me thy paths... for thou art the God of my salvation, on thee do I wait all the day.” Psalm 25:4-5.

CRITICAL SPIRIT: “Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.” Ephesians. 4:32.

DISCONTENTMENT: “For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content....both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Philippians 4:11-13.

DISCOURAGEMENT: “Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

DOUBT: “Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief.” Mark 9:24. (Isaiah 41:10.

ENVY: “Charity (love of Jesus) suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not...” I Corinthians 13:4.

FEAR: “Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:9.

GOSSIP: “Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.” Romans 14:19.

MATERIALISM: “Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.” Matthew 6:19,20.

GUILT or CONVICTION: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse use from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9.

GUILT FEELINGS (when you have already confessed): “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1.

IMPATIENCE: “Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand.” Psalm 31:14-15.

FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY: Hear God say: “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9.

LAZINESS: “Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.” Colossians 3:23.

LONELINESS: “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee... when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned... for I am the Lord thy God.. since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee.” Isaiah 43:2-4.

LYING: “Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour.” Ephesians 4:25.

PRIDE: “And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” Matthew 23:12.
(Proverbs 3:5.

RATIONALISING: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart:and lean not unto thine own understanding”

REBELLION: “Father... not my will, but thine, be done.” Luke 22:42.

RESENTMENT: “(Charity) seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.” I Cor. 13:5.

RESTLESSNESS: “Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10.

SELF-CENTREDNESS: “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.” Philippians 2:3.

SELF- PITY: “Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow in his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not: but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.” 1 Peter 2:21-23

WORRY: “The Lord is my shepherd: I shall not want (lack).” Psalm 23:1.